Responsible for maintaining, setting up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in Sandcastles Kitchen.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Maintains rotisserie station.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Contact Chef with any discrepancies.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- At all times keeps all refrigeration, equipment, and storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations. Reports any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensure all product and procedures follow health code regulations.
- Ensure all product on station for any given shifts is of freshest quality and is properly stored and labeled.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel. Due to business levels and occupancy.
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc., to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of broiler, sauté and fry cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
2 years cooking experience required.
Licenses or certificates:
Florida Sanitation Certificate and the ability to obtain any government required license or other certificates and sexual harassment training.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). Be in proper uniform at all times, including name tag.
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd. Miramar Beach, FL 32550