Supervise and coordinate the installation and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in administrating programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and maintenance of existing facilities and equipment, operation of plant utilities (i.e. gas, electric, air conditioning systems and water).
- Assigns and verifies completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure of hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility. Visually inspects quality of work and directs staff and outside contractors in tasks according to performance and productivity standards.
- Act as Director of Engineering in absence of the Director in such capacities as hiring, counseling, and training of the facility staff. Takes on the responsibility of completing any special projects that were the responsibility of the Director in relation to the Facility.
- Communicate effectively with city officials to ensure proper maintenance of permits and licenses, such as, but not, limited to, inspecting the facility with the fire department to ensure all public assembly permits are maintained yearly, coordinating inspections of all elevators.
- Act as a liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology and products. Attend Engineering conventions or equivalent to educate self in latest products to be used in the hotel to increase guest satisfaction and cut costs, etc.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assume responsibilities of Assistant Chief Rooms Maintenance in his/her absence.
- Negotiate contracts between hotel and outside contractors.
- Assist Director of Engineering in the establishment and control of the annual budget through purchasing required material at best competitive prices associated to the facility repair and maintenance. Control and maintain needed stock inventory of parts and supplies needed to accomplish the facility repairs and maintenance.
- Due to the nature of the business, the incumbent may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) necessary to interpret electrical, mechanical and building systems.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to analyze their design intent and performance. Considerable knowledge of construction, plumbing systems, commercial kitchen systems, fire alarm / sprinkler system, and building automation systems.
- Considerable knowledge of computers and software, (i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excell, and project. Also, AutoCAD, Building Automation Systems, adobe PDF, and Edge.
- Highly experienced in networking writing, TV cabling, and other low voltage controls.
- Ability to analyze trends in utility consumption report to predict energy forecast and to set up energy conservation programs.
- Ability to write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions to engineering staff.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders or use of a man lift to work at heights up to 30 feet, often reaching above head.
- Ability to perform duties in confined space and in awkward positions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, walking and standing for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to hear a change in pitch of high-speed mechanical equipment.
- Visual ability to read manufacturer’s instructions, schematics and blueprints and to determine wire colors for safe repair and detect emergency situations.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
- Ability to instruct subordinates and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to translate technical information or problems into layman's terms.
- Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches and buttons, a computer keyboard and a 10-key calculator.
Engineering degree or equivalent in college education and/or related experience.
Five to ten years combination in school and hands on work experience in buildings with complex electrical systems. Experience in coordinating electrical requirements for conventions and meetings. Broad, practical experience in the fields of stationary engineering, building maintenance, plumbing, and electrical wiring. Should be familiar with work and limitations of various crafts, particularly licenses workers who are employed in building maintenance.
Licenses or certificates:
Must hold a HVAC Universal Refrigeration card and CPO. Florida Electrical License, Refrigeration License, Fire Safety License, and or a General Contractors License preferred but not required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Regular attendance in accordance with hotel standards, which may be changed by the Hilton at any time, is essential to successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance, excused or unexcused, will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the seasonal and business nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules and hours to reflect the staffing needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Hilton rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other tasks be performed when circumstance change in the hotel (i.e.: emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd. Miramar Beach, FL 32550