Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience of at least 3 years that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
At least 3 years experience as an HVAC mechanic in a complex facility.
To monitor, maintain, repair and carry out the preventive maintenance program on the hotel's heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
- Respond to customer calls and complaints to correct temperature conditions in a positive, polite and timely manner. Monitor public space temperatures, making appropriate adjustments when necessary and start/stop fans as required. Interact with the Operating Engineer and assist in start-up, shut down and operation of all HVAC equipment. Visually inspect gauges, dials and mechanical equipment, make basic mathematical calculations, and move and climb on all types of uneven surfaces. Must lift objects weighing up to 100 lbs. to waist height, work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions; grasp and manipulate tools and materials, and have excellent finger dexterity. Works with refrigerants, oils, solvents and chemicals.
- Perform scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related equipment. Identify and troubleshoot problems, make repairs as follows: replace mechanical seals, re-pack pumps and valves, replace bearings and belts and check for proper alignment, repair fan coil units, make minor sheet metal repairs, braze and solder, calibrate controls, work on pressure vessels, replace piping and fittings and maintain appropriate records of preventive maintenance and repairs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assist with requests to shut off chilled water, potable water and gas supplies.
- Ability to operate, understand and respond to a BAS to control facility systems
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of stand pipe, sprinkler and interior fire alarm systems.
- Change filters on HVAC and fan coil units.
- Due to the cyclical nature of our business, other duties and special projects may -be assigned, such as serving on the hotel fire brigade.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Hilton rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd. Miramar Beach, FL 32550