To maintain and repair painted, wall covered, stained and varnished surfaces of building structure, furniture and equipment throughout the facility in order to project a neat and well-maintained appearance.
- Prepare and paint surfaces of building structure, furniture and equipment using proper application techniques, various products and visual ability to identify colors and patterns, measure lengths and quantities and assess areas for repair. Plaster or spackle surfaces; mix paint colors to match existing colors and apply paint to all building and equipment surfaces with brushes, rollers and spray guns. Climb ladders, scaffolds or use a lift to reach heights up to 30 feet. Work in confined spaces and awkward positions, requiring crouching, kneeling, stooping and reaching overhead for extend periods of time. Grasp hand tools and lift, push and/or pull items up to 600 lbs. is required, with wheeled assistance.
- Install and repair covered wall and ceiling surfaces throughout the facility. Hang vinyl, paper, fabric and foil wall coverings of various weights.
- Maintain and repair caulked, grouted and masonry surfaces throughout the facility. Requires caulking, grouting, plastering and setting tiles, cinder block/brick and cement work.
- Prepare and maintain wood surfaces requiring staining, varnishing and lacquering. Apply alcohol or water stains and develop a finished product from unstained wood or existing finished wood.
- Prepare and maintain a control log of all paint, numbers and locations.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned such as water proofing, shop cleanup and labeling of hazardous materials.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of paint, varnish, stain, enamels, lacquers, wall coverings, masonry work and other related products as well as application and mixing procedures of such products.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools and other equipment, including: brushes, rollers, scrapers, sandpaper, spray guns, lifts, etc.
- Considerable knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to fully comprehend job assignments, read and understand manufacturers instructions in preparing and mixing paint or masonry products, and adhere to safety warnings.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift while supporting additional weight of tools and materials of 80 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull objects of up to 500 lbs. in weight with or without wheeled assistance.
- Ability to reach in all directions while standing on a ladder scaffolding or man lift at heights to 30 feet.
- Ability to climb stairs, scaffolding and ladders.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry objects at least waist high weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances throughout the facility.
- Visual ability to include the determination of colors.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience of at least 5 years that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Five years’ experience in application of paint and other related materials in a large organization preferred. Also, experience in simulating material finishes using paint, such as marble and wood.
Licenses or certificates:
No special licenses required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd. Miramar Beach, FL 32550