Hires, trains, and directs the banquet staff in servicing all banquet functions in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the Hilton’s high brand standards of quality to ensure a success of the department and repeat business from our current clients.
- Hire, schedule and train all banquet staff to include conducting roll call and monthly meetings and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for plated, buffet, and parade types of service. Monitor staff performance. Define performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement of goals.
- Supervise the setup of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to function sheet specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set up.
- Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conference services, engineering, storeroom and other hotel departments as well as group contact to ensure timely execution of events, quality service and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
- Enter billing information into Micros system to generate a final guest check.
- Check staff attendance in according with schedules, adjust and reassign servers and stations as necessary, in order to provide quality service throughout the function. Process payroll through ADP daily utilizing shift pay guidelines.
- Supervise clear up of function rooms and proper breakdown and storage of all equipment.
- Complete by 5pm Friday all schedules for the following work week, turning in copies to the Director of Banquets.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, at the desecration of the manager based on the requirements of the hotel.
- Attend required meetings such as daily menu meeting, weekly staff meeting in the absence of the Director.
- Ordering of supplies and linen for functions from purchasing, stewarding and housekeeping departments.
- Assistance in support of stewarding, banquet staff and captains in the execution of events according to the function sheets and Hilton quality standards.
- Assist other departments as required by business of hotel.
- Copies, posts, and distributes function sheets and work assignments as required.
- Abide by all Federal, State and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to communicate well with people. Must be a problem solver and an independent thinker and worker. Must be able to delegate responsibility and follow up on assigned work.
- Must have full knowledge of food and beverage preparations, menu specifications, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, buffet sets, room set ups and service ware.
- Knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate instructions to staff and other department employees.
- Ability to read and comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders and disseminate the information on them.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Learn, remember, and recite the layout of the hotel and be able to give accurate directions to guests.
- Ability to perform all duties within extreme temperature ranges including prolonged outdoor exposure.
- Ability to operate and instruct others on the use of standard equipment, i.e.; Coffee machine, tea machine, drink machines, etc.
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd. Miramar Beach, FL 32550