Prior basic food knowledge and culinary related skills preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
To expedite Seagar’s server and bartender food orders properly, efficiently and in a timely manner. As well as deliver or facilitate the delivery of such foods. Perform table side carving and filleting
- Expedites food order properly, efficiently and in a timely manner. Must be able to identify incorrect or specialty menu items. Must organize and dictate pace of the required delivery of menu items to the tables or bar. Maintains constant line of communication with line cooks. Must properly garnish or condiment menu items as needed.
- Deliver food to the proper table number or bar area. Clean and maintain the expo area including all floors and counters visible in the guest’s line of sight.
- Maintain proper and adequate set up of the expeditor line. This includes stocking of all condiments, plastic silverware and serving baskets based on the projection of business for the day. Switch out of daytime condiments and related items and replace with dinner menu items.
- Performs end of shift requisition for all condiments and related items.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food preparation.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions and communicate with guests.
- Ability to learn and understand the MICROS Point of Sale computer system.
- Ability to set and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds and maximum of 30 pounds.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in the hands in order to use a knife to make garnish and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote menu items.
- Ability to work in kitchen with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations with co-workers or dissatisfied guests.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High School Diploma preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). All positions have a specific uniform
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd. Miramar Beach, FL 32550